GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – More than 40 celebrities are expected to play in this year’s Meijer LPGA Celebrity Pro-Am presented by P&G.
The event is June 11 at Egypt Valley Country Club during tournament week for the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give.
The 2019 lineup includes:
- Jay Adams – Hollywood stuntman and former professional wrestler with TNA Wrestling
- Mark Aguirre – Former first overall pick in the 1981 NBA draft by the Dallas Mavericks
- Mark Brunell – Former NFL quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Earl Cureton – Former player with the Detroit Pistons; won 1983 and 1984 championships
- Joe Kocur – Former Detroit Red Wings player
- Mike Knuble – Former Detroit Red Wings player
- Heather Mitts – Former professional soccer defender
- Darren McCarty – Former Detroit Red Wings player and four-time Stanley Cup winner
- Drew Neitzel – Former professional basketball player and first team All-Big Ten for MSU Basketball in 2008
- Mark Schlereth – Former guard with the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos
- Stacy Slobodnik – Head Coach of the MSU Women’s Golf team
- Drew Stanton – Cleveland Browns quarterback
- Joe Theismann – Former NFL quarterback
- Isaiah Thomas – Former NBA point guard and current broadcast announcer
- Trey Wingo – Co-host of ESPN Golic and Wingo, SportsCenter and NFL Live
- Rod Wood – Team President of the Detroit Lions
The Meijer LPGA Celebrity Pro-Am is open to the public for those with a ticket to the tournament valid June 11. General admission daily tickets cost $10 apiece; general admission weekly tickets cost $25 apiece and allow for general grounds access at Egypt Valley Country Club on June 11, and Blythefield Country Club throughout tournament week. Kids, ages 17 and under, get in free with a ticketed adult.
The 2019 Meijer LPGA Classic will host a full field of 144 of the best women golfers for 72 holes of stroke play over four days of competition. Proceeds from the tournament – and each of the week’s festivities – will once again benefit the Meijer Simply Give program that restocks the shelves of food pantries across the Midwest. The 2018 tournament alone raised $1.1 million for local food pantries through Simply Give. In total, the five tournaments have generated more than $4.2 million for the Meijer Simply Give program.
The spring Simply Give campaign is underway and runs through the end of the tournament on June 16. Individuals may purchase a $10 Simply Give donation card at any Meijer store during that timeframe to support the store’s local food pantry partner.
To follow the Meijer LPGA Classic before, during and after tournament week, please post about your experience and share your pictures on social media using the hashtags #OutDriveHunger, #forehunger, #SimplyGive and #MeijerGives.
For more information on the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give or to volunteer or purchase tickets, please visit meijerLPGAclassic.com.
To view a highlight video featuring the 2018 Meijer LPGA Classic, please follow this link: https://youtu.be/VWVpmCAe5LQ.
About Meijer: Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates more than 240 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin. A privately-owned and family-operated company since 1934, Meijer has a fundamental philosophy aimed at strengthening the communities it serves and proudly donates more than 6 percent of its net profit each year to charities throughout the Midwest. With hunger as a corporate philanthropic focus, Meijer partners with hundreds of food banks and pantries through its Simply Give and food rescue programs. Meijer also supports education, disaster relief, and health and wellness initiatives. For additional information on Meijer philanthropy, please visit www.meijercommunity.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/Meijer and @twitter.com/MeijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.
About Blythefield Country Club: Located just north of Grand Rapids, Blythefield has been providing families the best golf and social experience in West Michigan since 1928. With the Rogue River flowing through, Blythefield boasts one of the most beautiful championship layouts in Michigan. Previously, Blythefield has hosted the 1953 Western Amateur, the 1961 Western Open, won by Arnold Palmer, and the 2005 Western Junior won by Rickie Fowler. Beginning in 2014, Blythefield is honored to host the Meijer LPGA Classic. Learn more about Blythefield Country Club at www.blythefieldcc.org.
# # #