Nov. 13, 2013
Contact: Frank Guglielmi, 734-844-2781, email@example.com
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Six fewer shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas means customers will find even more ways to maximize their savings at Meijer during Black Friday weekend, said Peter Whitsett, executive vice president of Merchandising and Marketing for the Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer.
“Meijer means a lot of things to a lot of people, but around the holidays we’re especially focused on making the experience easier for our customers,” Whitsett said. “By offering our special deals beginning at 6 a.m. on both Thanksgiving and Black Friday, our customers won’t have to worry about setting that alarm for the early hours of the morning and can choose how early or late they want to shop for the hottest holiday gifts.”
Meijer is continuing its tradition of offering a variety of exciting deals on three different days – Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Saturday – to accommodate customers’ holiday shopping preferences. The deals on electronics, apparel and toys begin at 6 a.m. and continue throughout the day while supplies last. Examples of a few of these hot electronics deals include:
- On Thanksgiving, buy one iPad Air with Retina Display or iPad 2 and receive a coupon for $100 off your next Meijer shopping trip.
- Get 10 percent off any Beats by Dre Headphones on Thanksgiving and receive a coupon for $50 off your next shopping trip.
- Buy one Xbox 360 4GB Kinect System Bundle for $199.99 on Thanksgiving and receive a coupon for $20 off your next Meijer shopping trip.
- Get more than $165 in savings when you buy one Sony PlayStation 3 250GB System for $199.99 on Black Friday and receive a coupon for $20 off your next Meijer shopping trip. System includes popular games Batman Arkham Origins and The Last of Us.
- Buy one Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 on Black Friday and receive a coupon for $30 off next shopping trip.
- Buy one Kindle Fire XD/HDX 7-inch tablet for $139 on Black Friday and get a coupon for $40 off your next Meijer shopping trip.
- On Black Friday, purchase an Ion 1011 Action Camera Kit for $149.99. Regular price for the waterproof, Wifi enabled camera is $299.99.
Hot toy items for Thanksgiving will include select Monster High Dolls for $8. Black Friday toy deals will include the Fisher Price Little People Klip Klop Princess Stable for $34, Disney Sparkle Princess Doll for $5, the Fisher-Price Imaginext Rescue City Center for $35, and select Imaginext figures and vehicles are buy two, get one free.
Links to the Meijer Black Friday and Thanksgiving Day ad previews were sent Friday to customers who currently receive e-mail alerts from Meijer, as well as the more than 1.1 million Meijer Facebook likes and Twitter followers.
Anyone wishing to receive access to the ad previews can visit www.connect.Meijer.com to register by signing up for e-mail alerts or connecting via Facebook or Twitter. While customers can see the ads prior to distribution, the preview does not change the effective date of the advertised products.
Holiday shopping at Meijer would not be complete without Santa Bucks, which will be available the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Meijer will once again offer digital Santa Bucks through the company’s mPerks digital coupon program, which will allow customers the ease of digitally clipping the always-popular coupons using their text-enabled cell phones. Signing up for Meijer mPerks is free; customers can register at Meijer.com/mperks and sign up in the “rewards” section.
“Customers continue to be very strategic, focusing on special sales and promotions,” Whitsett said. “We hope that providing the opportunity to create their own deals with custom coupons and shopping without the need for an alarm clock will prove once again that Meijer is the destination for all our customers’ holiday shopping needs.”
Meijer is a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer that operates 204 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky. As a pioneer of the “one-stop shopping” concept, Meijer stores have evolved through the years to include expanded fresh produce and meat departments, as well as pharmacies, comprehensive electronics departments, garden centers and apparel offerings. Additional information on Meijer and the ability to shop for more can be found at www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/Meijer and @twitter.com/MeijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.
Tags: Seasonal, In Store News, Trends